Learn from former and current Navy pilots
All training is conducted by pilots who have extensive experience flying FA-18’s, most in combat operations from carriers over Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as a wide variety of other aircrafts.
See below for details
Airline Transport Pilot Training
Originally designed by a military pilot for military pilots, this program is perfect for any pilot (military or civilian) looking to earn a Multi Engine ATP certificate efficiently, effectively, and affordably. Over 165 candidates have come through the program with a 95% pass rate.
For those who want to fly some of the most fun and unique aircraft in the world, a Tailwheel endorsement is a must have. Protocom Aviation uses a proven building block approach to safe and effective Tailwheel instruction. Tailwheel competenacy usually takes a number of flights over a number of days under various wind conditions to fully master. See list below for aircraft available for Tailwheel instruction. Call for pricing.
• AT-6G Texan
We provide single engine sea training in our 1974 Cessna 172M. Water landing facilities are only 18 minutes away from our home field (KPVG) in Hampton Roads. Seaplane training can also be easily accomplished over a weekend stay at our facility.
Average price: $1795 (6 hours aircraft, 5 hours instruction, checkride fee )
• Instruction is $515/hr ($465 if purchased in 20hr blocks)
• Film/Photo flights $500/hr with a 1hr minimum.
• R44 Discovery/Intro Flight is $199 and 25 minutes long (includes Pilot Logbook)
• Tidewater Tour covers Western Branch, Newport News Shipyard, Portsmouth, Waterside, Town Center, Oceanfront, Chicks Beach & South Chesapeake Bay (call for pricing).
• Beach Tour covers from Sandbridge north to Cape Henry, Grandview Beach in Hampton, Huntington Beach, Buckroe Beach & South Chesapeake Bay (call for pricing).
• Custom Tours available (call for pricing).
• Gift certificates available for ALL occasions
**1-3 people (300lb per seat limit). **Minimum age is 3 years old.